About Me

I am Anne Gardner, a small town girl who graduated from Auburn University with a BS in secondary education. After graduation I married Scott Gardner and began teaching 10th and 11th grade English at Escambia High School, Florida where I also coached the varsity cheerleaders. I taught and coached for nine wonderful years before becoming a full time mom. Currently, I am the mother of three boys who are all school age, so I am now working to reinstate my teaching certification.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Using Podcasts as a Teaching Tool

Podcasting is another interesting technology tool that can be use in today’s classroom. There are many different podcasts available on iTunes on just about any subject. A podcast is a recording of a conversation between one or several speakers. The speakers are discussing a particular topic. In listening to different podcasts, I came across the idea of students making their own podcast after taking a field trip. Students made notes about things they wanted to remember about the field trip. Once back in the classroom, each group came up with a script and recorded a podcast. Students liked the experience of creating something other students could benefit from by listening to it. Students also liked listening to their own podcasts played back. Video podcasts are a way of adding a visual aid to the podcasts. Some students need something visual to keep them focused. I think this is great innovative technology resource that greatly benefit today’s students.

No comments:

Post a Comment