About Me

I am Anne Gardner, a small town girl who graduated from Auburn University with a BS in secondary education. After graduation I married Scott Gardner and began teaching 10th and 11th grade English at Escambia High School, Florida where I also coached the varsity cheerleaders. I taught and coached for nine wonderful years before becoming a full time mom. Currently, I am the mother of three boys who are all school age, so I am now working to reinstate my teaching certification.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Using iGoogle as Teaching Tool

iGoogle is another great technology tool that students can use in the classroom. This is another resource that allows students to be creative with their pages. Students can set up their own accounts and create a useful webpage for the classroom. They get choose to add many different kinds of gadgets such as educational games, useful websites, information on current events and sports. Teachers can also setup a classroom iGoogle webpage. This can include items such as upcoming assignments, math and reading activities, reminder notes and a “to do” list. These are just a few features of iGoogle. This is definitely an interesting way for students to learn technology and have fun at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment