About Me

I am Anne Gardner, a small town girl who graduated from Auburn University with a BS in secondary education. After graduation I married Scott Gardner and began teaching 10th and 11th grade English at Escambia High School, Florida where I also coached the varsity cheerleaders. I taught and coached for nine wonderful years before becoming a full time mom. Currently, I am the mother of three boys who are all school age, so I am now working to reinstate my teaching certification.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Using Blogs as Teaching Tool

I believe that blogs are a great teaching tool for today’s classroom. This is a great form of communication that students can easily use. First of all blogs are free as long as there is an internet connection. Blogs also allow students to be creative an express their individualism not only in their blog posts but also in choosing images and colors to use in their blogs. With blogs students can connect with other students, teachers and parents. This is such a valuable tool of technology because it expands the student’s learning experience beyond the classroom. Blogs allow students to experience not only other schools in the state or country but the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment