About Me

I am Anne Gardner, a small town girl who graduated from Auburn University with a BS in secondary education. After graduation I married Scott Gardner and began teaching 10th and 11th grade English at Escambia High School, Florida where I also coached the varsity cheerleaders. I taught and coached for nine wonderful years before becoming a full time mom. Currently, I am the mother of three boys who are all school age, so I am now working to reinstate my teaching certification.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Using Google Earth as a Teaching Tool

I love Google Earth. This is a great Google gadget that teachers can incorporate in the classroom. Students can search for any city in the world and see pictures on the web of what is happening at that moment in time. For example if a student wanted to see Barcelona, Spain, she would just use Earth Google and she could actually see Barcelona. She could actually see some things as if she were walking the actual streets. What an awesome tool for students to use when studying a particular area. With my English classes, we study works by William Shakespeare. I love the idea of my students getting to see what Rome is like today by using Google Earth. This is a great tool that takes learning beyond the classroom and into the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment