About Me

I am Anne Gardner, a small town girl who graduated from Auburn University with a BS in secondary education. After graduation I married Scott Gardner and began teaching 10th and 11th grade English at Escambia High School, Florida where I also coached the varsity cheerleaders. I taught and coached for nine wonderful years before becoming a full time mom. Currently, I am the mother of three boys who are all school age, so I am now working to reinstate my teaching certification.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Using ALEX as a Teaching Tool

One of the things that I am most excited about in technology is ALEX, Alabama Learning Exchange. This is an awesome resource for students, teachers and administrators. This is a website set up by the state that has tools such as course of study, lesson plans, and helpful links for teachers. Also has information for teachers seeking to become administrators. It has information about standards for the national, state and local levels. As a teacher, I think being able to look at other lesson plans will only help me become a better teacher. Just like we teach our students that we learn from each other, teachers can also learn from each other. Sometimes just being able to get a fresh look at something that we may have taught over and over again is a real boost for a teacher. I love the way the subject areas and grade levels are already broken down for you. I know once I get back into the classroom, this will be a resource I will definitely use many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment